Mt. Bonnell

Mt. Bonnell

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ode to a Turkey Sandwich

I know what you're thinking - a turkey sandwich. Really?  Then you've never had the one at Shady Grove. It's not fancy or hip, it doesn't have pickled this or sriracha that. It's just a turkey sandwich - Hippie bread ( I don't know what's in it or why it's hippie - but damn that's good bread), real roasted turkey ( not that deli crap - but honest to goodness turkey), shredded lettuce ( which I think makes a big difference), tomatoes and mayo.



I dream about this sandwich by the way. When you say Shady Grove it's the first thing that pops into my head. It takes to to that childhood type happy place. I eat it slowly and have been known to make sighs of joy while eating it. I am sad when it's gone.  

And now I plan when I will get to eat one again

No comments:

Post a Comment